PROFESSIONAL VITAE OF DEBORAH DAVIDSON
Deborah Davidson is a trial lawyer licensed in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana. She graduated from the University of Mississippi, School Of Law in 1982 and has an advanced law degree in Admiralty/Maritime law from Tulane University School of Law, which she earned in 1988. Ms. Davidson practices personal injury law with an emphasis on maritime personal injury.
After graduation from law school, Ms. Davidson spent four years on active duty with the United States Army, Captain, JAGC, 1983-1987, practicing in the area of federal criminal law defending service members charged with crimes. She was stationed in Germany during her entire four- year tour of duty.
Ms. Davidson spent five years as an insurance defense counsel practicing in the area of maritime and personal injury, before switching to a plaintiff’s maritime and personal injury practice in 1992.
Currently, she represents plaintiffs exclusively, handling both their land-based and maritime personal injury claims. Ms. Davidson handles maritime personal injury cases throughout the United States and abroad.
- Master of Laws in Admiralty, Tulane University, School of Law, 1988
- Juris Doctorate, University of Mississippi, School of Law, 1982
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Southern Mississippi, 1976
- Licensed to practice law in Florida (1988)
- Licensed to practice law in Alabama (1989)
- Licensed to practice law in Mississippi (1982)
- Licensed to practice law in Louisiana (1993)
- Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits
- The United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida (including the Trial Bar)
- The Southern District of Alabama
- The Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- The Eastern and Western Districts of Louisiana
- Member of the State Bar Associations of Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana
- Member of the Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association
- Member of the Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Member of the Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Maritime Law for the Personal Injury Practitioner, Deborah Davidson,
J.D., Annual Editions, 1999 – 2017. (Author)
- Maritime Law, American Inns of Court, Pensacola Chapter, 2006. (Speaker)
- Maintenance, Cure and Unearned Wages: General Discussion and Recent Decisions, 1997 Annual ATLA Convention, San Diego, Callifornia, July 23, 1997. (Speaker)
- Maritime Law: An Overview for the Personal Injury Practitioner, Escambia/Santa Rosa Bar Association, Advanced Personal Injury Update, 1995, 1996, and 1997. (Speaker)